top of page

Come Run with Us

Welcome to Champions Running Association! Champions Running Association (CRA) is a local area running group made up of runners in the Spring-Klein-Champions-Tomball-Cypress area. The goal of the club is to get in better shape, make new friends, and maybe, just maybe, run a 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon. 


 

We are currently in the off season, but several of our runners are still meeting up. Please reach out to us to learn more!

SEASON START:

The season started July 8, 2023. The season officially ends with the conclusion of the Houston Chevron/Aramco Marathon in January. Several members will continue to meet up in the off-season for other races.

REGISTRATION FEES:

Registration includes certified coaches, detailed running programs, CPR trained staff with portable AED Devices/first aid kits, great swag (3 shirts and more!), race support, local sponsor discounts and race registration codes, social events, access to seminars, private Facebook community, CRA store and more!

REGISTRATION SCHEDULE:

Registration for the 2023-2024 season opened May 1, 2023. Registration fee has dropped to $35 as swag was distributed to members late August and is limited on what is available.

 

GROUPS: 

We have 5 groups to choose from (Walkers, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon).

 

WHAT HAPPENS IF? 

We put a tremendous amount of thought and effort into the safety of our club. This is the reason that we choose start times, safe routes, have CPR trained staff and also have portable AED Devices/first aid kits at the ready. Please reach out to coaches with any concerns you might have.

F.A.Q.'s 

What days do you run? 

Saturday is our long run. The distance depends on what group you are in and where you are at in the training program. Various runs will take place during the week as well. This will be outlined by your coaches and communicated through the private member Facebook page.

What time do you run?

This again also depends on the group you choose. It will range from 6:00am to 7:00am on the Saturday Runs and 6:00-7:00pm on Nightly runs.

Where do you run?

We run at different locations throughout the year. Locations include the Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve (20215 Chasewood Park Dr, Houston, TX 77070) and Meyer Park (7700 Cypresswood Dr, Spring, TX 77379). The bulk of our running is done from the YMCA at the intersection of 249/Spring-Cypress (19915 TX-249, Houston, TX 77070). Many members also venture off to the trails, high school track workouts and more!

What kind of program do you follow?

The foundation of our program is the 80/20 program. This means that 80% of our runs are run at a conversational pace. The other 20% is speedwork/tempo work is done after several weeks of easy (base training) running. If you are serious about getting faster and burned out from "racing" your training partners every week then we are the club for you. Last year, most of our runners recorded a personal best in their events. Most did so by several minutes.

Which group should I join?

Initially you should sign up for the group you're ready for right now.  As the season progresses your fitness level will too!  You'll certainly have the flexibility to move to the group that suits you best.

What races do you participate in?

Our target race is the Chevron Houston Full/Aramco Half Marathon in January.  However, our members are participating in most races around town.  As a member, you'll have someone to run with in the club and for the bigger races, folks to cheer you on! It's great to see your teammates rally at these races.  To view upcoming races, click here.

IMG-1295_edited.jpg

"WHAT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE TODAY WILL SOON BECOME YOUR WARM-UP"

Dan

"The 80/20 Running method is legit. I PR'ed for the first time in 10 years"

Hector

"This group has been a huge part ofmy renewed love for running"

Lisa

"I thought it was crazy at first, the whole run slower to get faster thing, but it really worked and now I'm headed to Boston!"

OUR SPONSORS

METHODIST_SMALLWEB.JPG
Flletfeet_small.JPG
Quench_smallweb.JPG
healthprosmall.JPG

DIAMOND SPONSORS

amazing.JPG
CRA Logo.jpg
Rittensmall.JPG
lawoffice_small.JPG
woofhome_small.JPG
EM Signature Initials Logo.png
Copy of YR-Logo--15.jpg

PLATINUM SPONSORS

GOLD SPONSORS

SILVER SPONSORS

11below-logo.png
bc fit logo_edited.png
Champions Running Association

501 (c)(3) Organization
Spring | Klein | Champions | Tomball | Cypress

HOUSTON, TX

 

championsrunninga@gmail.com

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
GET IN TOUCH

Success! Message received.

© 2023 by Champions Running Association

Contact
bottom of page